Posted on: 13 Oct, 2020
Application by: 12 Nov, 2020
Project status: In-house
Duration of assignment: 2 year contract with the option to be extended
Duty station: Hamburg
Job code: PFM-DEU20GFA0040-grant
We are one of the leading German consulting companies working in international development cooperation. At GFA Consulting Group, we strive to catalyse change to improve the quality of life of people around the world. We provide consulting services and implement projects financed through bilateral and multilateral funds. Our clients are GIZ, KfW, the European Commission and many others.
In the Public Finance Management Department (the PFM Department) we focus on consultancy services related to Public Finance Policy & Reform, Aid Management and Public Procurement, Audit and Grant Management.
For this growing department we are now looking for an enthusiastic and optimistic colleague (m/f/d) to support us in the management of new contracts in the scope of grant/project management.
The consultant’s responsibility will have a clear focus on project management of projects in the scope of the grant/project management funded by several donors such as EU, KfW and GIZ. The duty station will be Hamburg, with regular travel to developing countries. Key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing work plans
- Establishing and maintaining regular professional contacts and networking with clients, partners and sector experts
- Developing Terms of References and request forms for contracting experts and service providers
- Quality control and supervision of service delivery and reports
- Facilitation of information exchange in the projects
- Monitoring and control of the project progress reports
- Security monitoring in the projects countries
- Technical Support along the grant management cycle
- Support in the development of standard internal audit procedures and processes at beneficiary level
Qualifications and requirements
- University degree (Master) in Economics/Business Administration, Public Finance, Political Sciences, Law or related areas
- Preferably 3 years of relevant experience in the field of development cooperation/humanitarian aid projects funded by international donors. Experience in EU – funded projects in fields related to public finance management and/or grant management would be an asset
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English and French. Fluency in German would be of distinctive advantage
- Strong writing, communication and presentation skills
- Advanced proficiency in standard MS Office applications
- Willingness to frequently travel abroad
- Experience in management of grant schemes funded by international donors, such as KFW, EU or GIZ
- Experience in private sector development (through the management of grant schemes or otherwise) in different sectors such as infrastructure, agribusiness, automotive industry, aviation, ICT etc. would be of distinctive advantage
What we offer:
We work at the heart of International Cooperation and find solutions to global challenges through our projects. Integrated into a team of employees from all over the world and different backgrounds, we lay the foundation for you to grow and learn within GFA through continuous skills development and further training.
Our flexible working time model and our family-oriented company policy makes it possible for you to reconcile professional and private life. Even though Hamburg is a vibrant city, GFA offices are surrounded by nature. To get here fast and easy we offer a public transport reimbursement program.
The sense of community at GFA is very important to us. We regularly organize social events for people to get to know each other and to exchange.
Join our team in the PFM Department in Hamburg as an open-minded and versatile Consultant Grant Management (m/f/d) and contribute to our mission to provide quality services worldwide.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV and references/certificates) per e-mail to
Ms Andrea Leber
GFA Consulting Group GmbH
Hier geht’s zur Stellenausschreibung: